Many of us have a habit of SEEING a God's photo or SEEING something which you like first in the morning, as soon as you wake up. Some see their hands and say some prayers. It is believed to be some kind of good luck charm to see God's photo. I know a hostel mate of mine, who had a big Pamela Anderson photo stuck to the roof. He wanted to see her first in the morning.
But have you ever tried to notice what you HEAR first in the morning. I realized today that I had never taken note of this. But tried to analyze and recall a bit.
- The alarm set in the mobile phone. (This is rarely the case for me, but mostly the case for many)
- Wife's voice - "ಟೈಮ್ ಆಯಿತು" (Times up) or "ಟೈಮ್ ಎಷ್ಟು?" (Whats the time?)
- Street dogs chorus barking
- Buzz of the fan...Its significantly loud to take notice. (only in summer though).
- Sound of somebody sweeping the area in front of their home.
- Sound of water splashing the ground. Getting ready for the makeup - rangoli.
- Suprabhata from a near-by temple (it could be a Muslim prayer if you are close to a mosque or a remix of Hindu and Muslim prayers).
- Sound of the temple bells which ring at a distance but pierce the morning silence.
- Vehicle sound (Neighbor uncle starting his TVS to get milk)
- Auto rickshaw sound (starting their journey early in the morning).
- Dad's shoe sound. Jumping to pluck the flowers for pooja, before starting his daily walk.
Not so surprisingly, I do not hear any bird's voice.
Do you HEAR any other sound first in the morning?