Here's the list of experiences I want to experience.
- Stay in a suicide bomber school, just to analyze how can one be motivated to commit mass murder with an assurance of death.
- Spend some days with some tribesmen (which is totally cutoff from the rest of the world) and enjoy their lifestyle….Clearly not to transmit our worldly cultures to them
- Tent on Siachen Glacier when there is war - Fight the enemy and the cold with the same intensity…
- Get lost in a jungle and then find my way out - all alone….This will test anybody's mental toughness and innovativeness to survive.
- Be a passenger in a hijacked plane - Experience the pain, different other emotions that one undergoes when there is total insanity surrounding you.
I have a few more exotic wishes which surely will remain as a wish…Not that the ones above will be fulfilled..I can at-least hope that the above may happen but not the ones below.
- Bungee jumping in Niagara falls
- Experience death and come back to life
- Live in pre-Independence India -- Too fascinated by the lifestyle details explained by parents and relatives who lived it
- Survive the cruelty inflicted by Hitler.
I believe that the best authors cannot explain their experience. Experience is to be lived. Not just read. Not just seen.