Friday, July 23, 2010

Bye...For the last time!


It is hard to say “bye”. Even harder, when you know that it’s the last time you would say that. But I have to.

It is a long association we had. (Or should I say - it WAS a long association!) We met in the busy bazaar street of South Bangalore.  I liked her. Kind of love at first sight. Got her home. For a change, she was universally accepted at home! (There were some minor comments about her dark color.) She was with me since that day.

I remember those evening walks in the park. She made me feel comfortable after those tight day schedules. She gave me the freedom put my hands on her. And a new friendship started.

Pleasure knew no bounds when I started running with her in the cold mornings. I grew fond of her, for her company. I am more than thankful to her for accompanying me to the marathon, cyclothon and Duathlon. The journey was less strenuous and less stressful because of her.

Our friendship just grew leaps and bounds in the bed. Pleasant are those feelings when she was on me. I still feel bad for those hot summer nights when I kept her away from me. I know that she is too good and would understand me correctly. Never did she express any unhappiness or disappointments.

Cricket is a dusty game. Especially in the grounds and road I play. Tirelessly she stood, watched me play the game despite the Sun, dust and even rain. Her tireless encouragement will be remembered for days to come.

After all this, still I decided to say bye to her. Yes, it was I who decided it. But it was because of her.
Her last days had been fragile. She could not stretch herself.  Age had taken toll on her. Her beauty had faded. I refused to have her with me. Shameful, I thought. Finally, as I gave her the last wash, her body opened up. Tearing her apart.
That’s it. That was the last. I said bye to my dear 3 yr old, black pyjama.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Super sir. :-) Good suspense till the last line sir..

Karthik said...

Good one sir!

Raghavendra N said...

nice one..

Varun said...

good one :).... check out http://varunpsycho.blogspot.com if free

Anonymous said...

Of all things in this world the climax ends in a pyjama !!?? It would have added more touch had it been a 3 year old daughter or something similar... Not a pyjama at least. I would rather say -- A bad climax. Sorry brother, no offence please. A good attempt though...

Unknown said...

Poor Pyjama !!!

Anonymous said...

I thought it would have been a dog or a mobile! Of all things a pyjama!

Vinod said...

maga.. that was a good one!!!
but pyjama was not the one i expected... :-)

Yella said...

OMG....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lllr post.

http://yellareddy.livejournal.com/40331.html

Anonymous said...

Thought you will say bye to blogging, sparing us from the misery!
- Sundar

Prakash Nyamagouda said...

Anna..super..first i thought you are leaving SAP..then i thought may be you r reffering to a girl..then i thought may be its a dog..wow finally it was a pyjama :-)

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha!! That was mindblowing Manju!! I couldn’t stop laughing.. too good.. !! superb humor and concept.

Nirupama said...

:))))

Lost in thoughts said...

Thanks all for the comments!
I understand that some of you ended up fuming after the end.
There is a comment that it would be touching if it had ended as 3yr old daughter's death! God. Never thought of this aspect.
It was pure fun oriented stuff and not serious. There was no intention to leave you with a touchy feeling.

The alternate endings given are good.

Kind of tuss pataki for some and major damaka for others.

@Sundar - Quitting blogging, not keen on this yet.

Swetha S said...

I felt it was real funny and clever. A good one!

Indian Home Maker said...

LOL I thought it was a stray dog taken as a pet in the first half :) Good one!

Voting for you on indiblogger :)

Ranjan said...

Maga, great ending!
Seriousness to comedy in just 1 word.

Fatte said...

cool man... people do get attached to clothes :P

yanmaneee said...

curry 6
ultra boost
supreme hoodie
air max 2019
adidas tubular
supreme outlet
golden gooses sneakers
lebron 17
nike air max 270
louboutin shoes uk