Monday, June 20, 2005

Catch me on the run

I am a mobile phone holder from Saturday. Yes, I bought a new mobile phone and got a connection activated. After lot of mailing and calling call centers, I decided to take a BSNL CellOne connection. To select the mobile phone, I hopped into 2 shops and I hope that I got it at the cheapest price.

Model
The mobile model is Samsung SGH-230. The mobile model is so new that even the samsung website does not carry any information about it. But I can share the features it has. MMS, GPRS, 30 channel FM radio, no speaker phone, 65 colour display and polyphonic ring tones. But the key is the weight of the mobile - just 70 gms. The size is also very small and my friend calls it 'Pocket dynamo'. The cost of the mobile phone was 5600/- with a one year theft insurance.

Connection
I went for the BSNL pre-paid offering - CellOne. The SIM card was got by my brother-in-law and his experience with BSNL has been good. Hutch does not have good connectivity. Airtel is slightly expensive. Spice is not wide spread. BSNL rates over these in all 3 counts. Outgoing calls to mobile is 90 paise, SMS-60 paise, Outgoing calls to land line within Karnataka is 1.20 rupees and outside the state is 2 Rs. More importantly the signal is good even in my native village.

I am feeding the numbers of friends and relatives and yet to experience all the features.

No comments: