Friday, June 17, 2005

Tinkle comic

Yesterday night, just before i went to sleep my mother had an unusal task for me. She asked me to look into a bundle of books used during my childhood. She had planned to give the textbooks with nice pictures to some students near my house. As I opened the bundle and my childhood memories flashed up. Reason - The tinkle comic...
Tinkle was subscribed and out newspaper delivery boy used to put it once a week along with the paper. That day 3 of us (me and my 2 sisters) used to run to collect the paper as soon as the 'phat' sound of newspaper hitting the cement flooring outside came. The successful champion used to keep the comic on the lap during breakfast, act as reading it making the 2 others envious. So funny!!

The comic still is being published and the stories are still alive in my memory. The characters Supandi, Hodja, Shikari Shambu, Kalia were simply superb. Kalia always saved the 2 bunnies from the villain - the fox. Shikari Shambu always ended up with a shikar - the Tiger. If you want to fool somebody, the best person is Supandi - the Bakra. If you think you are smart and want to show it off, talk to Nasruddin Hodja...You will endup being a fool.
Thanks to uncle Pai for creating the comic. Last year Tinkle released it's 500th issue. Way to go!

No comments: